Peanut Butter Oat Bars

I love food and I like to cook. I'm not a habitual kitchen dweller but when I'm in the mood I enjoy cooking up a storm and trying out healthier versions of things that I love. While browsing the internet I found this great recipe from Marathon Mom’s Peanut Butter Granola Bars. I made a few minor changes and I absolutely love them. Granola bars are great because they can serve as a portable snack. Honestly I have never really purchased too many granola bars because, aside from all the extra junk in them, I found them a bit pricey for what they were. These bars are inexpensive, easy to make and I'm pretty sure that you already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. They don’t have all the artificial junk, preservatives, and other ingredients I can’t pronounce or required a Google search to know what they are. It's filling, and soooo good. 


Ingredients


1 1/2 cup oats

1/2 cup peanut butter(if possible I'd advise that you use all natural peanut butter or PB2)

1/3 cup Raw honey

1/4 cup coconut oil

2 Tbs ground flax

1/2 cup peanuts

1 scoop BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder (Whipped Vanilla Cream flavor)

A handful of chocolate chips (optional)

Directions

Melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring frequently.

Mix in the oats, flax, protein powder and peanuts.

Spread into a greased pan, cupcake tins, or other mold. 

After filling your chosen pans/molds, gently push in chocolate chips if desired.

Place in refrigerator or freezer until firm.

Remove from molds or cut into bars if using a baking pan.

If you're not a fan of square bars feel free to make them into round balls.
Store in fridge. 

Grab, go and enjoy.
Bon Appetit

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.