Sleeping Beauty ~ The Best Beauty Tips & Tricks To Use While You Sleep


This post is all about giving new meaning to the words beauty sleep. Like most busy women I love to multitask. As I type this blog I'm cooking dinner and watching James Bond on Bravo. We multitask for most of the day so why not do it at night while you sleep. Today, I’m sharing great overnight beauty tips that will help you wake up with soft supple skin, bright beautiful eyes, healthy looking hair and soft sexy feet. Enough babbling let's get straight to the tips starting from head to toe...

Repair
 Your Hair

Every night I apply a leave-in conditioner or moisturizer then seal it on by using an oil. Doing this ensures healthy hydrated hair. While you sleep the conditioner/ moisturizer is absorbed into the hair and the thin layer of oil seals in the moisture you just placed on your hair.  My oils of choice rotates between  Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Almond oil, Jamaican black castor oil, and Grape seed oil. If you have very fine/thin hair then I'd suggest you only use the oil once a week. I tend to use oil to seal in the moisture about 3 times a week but I moisturize my hair every single night. Another tip would be to ditch the cotton pillow cases. Swap the moisture sucking cotton for a silk or satin pillow case. Satin/silk cases feels amazing on your skin but most importantly it reduces frizz and it doesn't suck out as much moisture from your hair as cotton pillow cases do. Using your satin pillowcase ensures that the newly applied hair product gets a chance to fully penetrate into your hair cuticles creating optimum moisture and hair health.You can pick up these pillowcases from most beauty supply stores or just order it from Amazon.

 Lengthen Those Lashes


Lashes are often neglected and mistreated. Think about it, most of us clean it, drown it in mascara, squeeze it with eye lash curlers and repeat that cycle daily. Well its time to show some much needed TLC to your lashes by pampering them at night.  Castor oil is an amazing oil that thickens, lengthens, and strengthens your lashes. Get a mascara wand ( I get mine from eyeslipsface.com) and simply coat your lashes with a little bit of castor oil. Do this right before you hit the sack and be sure not to use too much as it could get into your eyes and cause burning.  Doing this simple routine consistently will result in healthier longer lashes within a month or two. Consistency is key.
 
De-puff
 The Eyes 



To help prevent puffy eyes, prop up your head on two pillows when you go to sleep. Gravity is your friend when it comes to fluid retention and of course, don’t forget your eye cream. One of my favorite under eye tricks is to use Vitamin E oil. I lightly tap a bit of the oil on my under eye area. No tugging or pulling now; be gentle. Another great product for the under eye area is RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream. I'm a sucker for most RoC products. Don't judge me. 
Brighten
 Your Skin

It’s best to apply any face products that have brightening ingredients like retinol and vitamin C at night. Sunlight can actually deactivate them and prevent them from working to their fullest potential.  I have extremely oily, acne prone skin so I get scars from acne. I've noticed that exfoliating then using moisturizers with retinol and vitamin C at night has made a great difference in the tone and appearance of my skin. Acne scars disappear so much quicker using this regimen.  My skin looks cleaner, clearer, and younger. #Winning 


 Prevent Pesky Wrinkles


Sleeping on a cotton pillowcase can create wrinkles. Instead, pamper yourself by investing in a silk or satin one. It will lessen the pressure on your skin and help prevent hair breakage as previously mentioned. Also using a good moisturizer with retinol and collagen works wonders. 

Get Pearly Whites


For an easy DIY whitening treatment, try brushing with baking powder at night. Brush with a baking soda paste and rinse with hydrogen peroxide. This is a perfect night time beauty treatment. While you sleep the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide whitens and whitens effectively because you're not eating or drinking while you sleep. Just make sure that you don't do this too many days out of the week. I'd suggest no more than 3 times.  


 Moisturize
 Your Body

Ladies, take note: A humidifier is a must have for winter must haves. Turn on  your humidifier before you sleep (this works best during colder months because the air is drier) and let it work its magic. The humidifier instills the air with moisture, which in turn helps plump your skin and keep it hydrated.  

Care For Your Cuticles
Nail beds looking dry? Apply cuticle cream or oil before you sleep. Doing this often will ensure that you’ll wake up to healthy, hydrated nail beds. My favorite oil for moisturizing my cuticles is sweet almond oil. Sweet almond oil is one of those oils that I use for my skin and my hair, it's amazing. You can also use a very inexpensive cuticle pen from eyeslipsface.com. When I say inexpensive I mean it, the cuticle pen is only $1.00. You're welcome ladies. =)    

 Soften Your Feet
My favorite DIY deep moisturizing foot lotion is a combination of baby lotion, vitamin E, and petroleum jelly. Here's what I do... While I shower I lightly rub a pumice stone on the bottom of my feet. After my shower while my feet are a little damp ( not completely wet just damp) I slather on my moisturizer. After my feet have been moisturized I put on my socks and let the moisturizer do it's job. The socks help bind the moisture to your feet and you’ll wake up with soft, smooth soles. If your feet are really dry and cracked I'd recommend that you moisturize your feet with the 3 ingredient super moisturizing concoction, wrap your feet in saran wrap, and then slip it into your favorite pair of fuzzy socks. Yes, I know it sounds weird but the saran wrap works. Using socks works but it's made from fabric and fabric absorbs. Using the barrier of saran plastic ensures that nothing but your feet absorbs the moisture. The fuzzy socks aren't necessary but they're cute and sooo soft. 

So there you have it ladies. A few of my favorite night-time multitasking, beautifying tips and tricks. Try these and you be feeling and looking like a real life sleeping beauty...

Bonne nuit mon amie...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.