Ice Cream Bread

A few days ago I found out about Ice cream bread. Intrigued I went straight to the grocery store on my way home from work to pick the two ingredients required. Within an hour of being home I began the easy process of making my very first ice cream bread. It was surprisingly delicious and didn't at all taste like a cake as I had expected. The main advantage of this bread is that it's remarkably quick. Usually when I make bread it takes so much more time since I use yeast and baking powder etc, this recipe needs none of those and requires very little preparation time.


Here's what you'll need:


2 Cups Ice Cream, any flavor, softened (I used Breyers Natural Vanilla)

1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour


Here's what you'll do: 


Preheat your oven to 350. Spray and flour a 8 x 4 loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.

Scoop into the loaf and and smooth out.

Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the loaf comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.

Remove from the pan and allow to cool (if you can wait that long)!

For best results..use full fat ice-cream!
  
Bon Appétit




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.