Chocolate Avocado Pudding - 3 Versions (Vegan Included)

Two weeks ago one of my best friends offered me her homemade avocado pudding. The combination of chocolate and avocado seemed strange and a bit gross to me but I'm always open to try new things so I dug in. It was creamy and delicious. Giddy with excitement I decided to try making it myself a few days after my first tasting. Here are three versions that I've tried and loved thus far.

Version 1 - Nut Butter

Here's what you'll need:


-2 ripe avocados (It's REALLY important that the avocados are ripe!)

-1/3 cup pure cocoa powder

-1/3 cup pure honey ( substitute agave nectar)

-3 tbsp. coconut oil

-1 tsp. vanilla extract

-1/2 tsp. chia seeds (optional)

-Justin's Honey Peanut Butter (Almond butter or any other nut butter can also be used)

-Fresh fruit for topping (optional)
 
 
Here's what you'll do:
 
Place de- pitted avocados, nut butter, cocoa powder, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract into your food processor or high speed blender.  When everything is sufficiently blended into a creamy consistency feel free to sprinkle some chia seeds or any fruit. I tend to leave my pudding in the refrigerator for about 15- 20 minutes before I indulge.


Version 2 - Almond Milk

Here's what you'll need:

1 ripe avocado, peeled + quartered

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/4 cup raw agave nectar (or  honey)

1/4 cup almond milk (chocolate almond milk can also be used)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 

Here's what you'll do:

Put all the ingredients in blender or food processor then blend until smooth.

Top with fresh fruit and/or whipped cream, serve and enjoy!
 
Version 3- Vegan

Here's what you'll need:


2 ripe Avocados

2 - 4 ripe Bananas

1/4 of cocoa powder


      Here's what you'll do: 

Peel and de-pit the avocados and throw them in a food processor or blender. If you don’t have a mixing device of some kind you can do it the old fashioned way and use a fork to mix everything up in a bowl. Next, add the bananas and the cocoa powder for the chocolatey taste.  Add honey to the mixture, or just throw in a few extra bananas for s sweeter taste. Once everything is fully mixed place your concoction into the fridge to chill for a bit then enjoy.
 
 
 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.